Thursday 24 March 2011

Nick Park on King Kong & Ray Harryhausen


“I seemed to have followed exactly the same path as Ray, really, although obviously Ray has put down the foundations - I came a lot later, to a world that was already introduced to the techniques and already pioneered. But the same thing - I have, hearing Ray talk about his experiences of seeing King Kong, I have very strong memories of being a 12-year-old. I was reading Ray's book throughout this week and, already hearing from Ray in earlier meetings, of how you went to see King Kong as a young boy, and those are very vivid memories for me, because, like you, I was obsessed with dinosaurs, and I think I wanted to be a palaeontologist when I grew up, and... it's funny, although many years later, I remember I couldn't wait to get home to see this film that I'd seen trailed on the TV - the magic of seeing dinosaurs living on screen for the first time” Park [2003]

Interviews: Ray Harryhausen & Nick Park, BFI, 2003, [online] Available at: http://www.bfi.org.uk/features/interviews/harryhausen-park.html

No comments:

Post a Comment